We all want to be recognized and appreciated for our talents, but we don’t always know the best way to market ourselves. Like it or not, we live in an age that is all about marketing and image. You all know how important it is to have your own sound. natural mink eyelash It is equally important to have your own image. Let’s take a look at a few people and bands that have created icons of themselves through imagery: Madonna, Lady Gaga, Marilyn natural mink eyelash Manson, shock and awe; Elvis, black leather jam session or Vegas jumpsuits, navel length beards; Michael Jackson and the white glove… not to mention the plastic surgeries; MC Hammer’s pants; Ozzy Osborne, Boy George, Kiss… need I say more?
What elements define image? Speaking to the music industry, the “sound” has to be high on the list. Typically, I suggest that the physical appearance mesh with the sound, but sometimes a little experimentation with contrast can take you where you want to go. Buddy Holly meets Punk for example.
So… how can you build your image? If you are at a total loss, look to your musical influences for guidance. Study their styles. Is there anything about their styles that you could incorporate in your own look? Be careful not to become a knock-off artist, just find elements that you can use.
Consider all the elements of physical appearance. From the top down: hair, make-up, wardrobe/figure, and accessories.
- Give it some style. It does NOT have to cost a lot. I go to Great Clips for $13. It’s the stylist; not the price..
- Experiment with color and highlights
- Men, if you are open to sporting facial hair…style it, trim it, shape it.
- Men! Give your stage presence a boost with a little make-up. Self-tanners are a great option to a foundation. Don’t skimp on the price, however… you don’t want to look like an Oompa Loompa. There are also tinted moisturizers that can natural mink eyelash give your complexion a kick.
- Men: Don’t be afraid of a little eyeliner stage lights can really wash you out, it doesn’t hurt to give nature a hand.
- Ladies, experiment with lipstick and eye color. You will need a more dramatic look to make an impression from the stage.
- Balance is the key to good make-up. It’s best not to focus too much on one feature.
- Lastly, don’t forget to blend… you don’t want to look like a clown, natural mink eyelash unless that’s how you’re going to define yourselves!
- Solo artists… the sky is the limit here in terms of style.
- Bands and Groups… try to find a “look” that works for everyone, but don’t forget to nurture individuality.
- Dress for your body type. If your body doesn’t look like Jo Lo or Brittney Spears,, you probably shouldn’t try to dress like them.
- Make sure that you feel confident in whatever you choose. Your performance will thank you for it.
- Don’t be afraid of color, use it! Color is the first thing that attracts natural mink eyelash the eye when shopping, you can bet it will get you attention on stage.
- Bring in the sparkle and glitz here, if you’re going to use it.
- Accessories can define an artist… the afore mentioned white glove.
- What are accessories?
- As musicians… your instruments are also accessories. If you have a dramatically designed guitar, for example, you may want to consider that when planning your stage attire.
“Branding doesn’t stop at personal image and wardrobe. It’s important to carry that style through to your stage designs, performance style, photo shoots, and promotional materials. You hear the name NIKE, you think JUST DO IT.. What do you want people to think when they hear YOUR brand name.?
Article Source: pnhair